Snowrunner: Hardcore 1.2 Mod
Snowrunner: Hardcore 1.2 Mod
Welcome to Snowrunner: Hardcore. It has been 6 days in the making and I am very happy to present this to you. This will not be an easy Sunday drive.
Images included are proof of the mod working in the regular game.
So, what does this mod entail?
Update 2: I have uploaded a fix for the ZIKZ 5368 to reflect the intended price, as well as the original winch length if you prefer that.
To install the correct ZIKZ 5368 price: Replace the ZIKZ.xml in media/classes/trucks. Choose “Store” for the compression method when prompted.
To install the Original Winch length: Replace the Winch files in media/classes/winches. Choose “Store” for the compression method when prompted.
Update 1: Due to popular request I have uploaded a .ZIP which contains files for the trucks, they now have 70% of their original fuel capacity up from 50%. To install, extract the contents and replace the original truck xmls in classes/media/trucks. When you replace them, please remember to set the compression to “Store”.
1. All truck component damage has been reduced to 10. One hard crash could mean your delivery is over. So be even more careful how you traverse the terrain.
This includes (Engine, Suspension, Gearbox, Wheels and Tank)
2. Greatly reduced Winch length. I have reduced the length of all Winches by 50%. This will make planning your route ever more important.
3. Reduced fuel capacity for all trucks. Every truck has had its fuel tank limit reduced by 50%. Bringing a fuel trailer for those long journeys will be almost essential. Go easy on the Diff Lock and AWD!
4. Truck prices have doubled, which means making your next purchase should be thought about carefully. (Addons and Upgrades have not been affected.)
5. Weathers have been slightly altered. Heavy Rain is now much more dense and falls faster to provide a bit more realism. Light Rain has been changed also but only the droplet size. This should provide a little extra challenge when driving. Snow has been affected too but I will be altering this further.
6. Exhaust smoke has been slightly increased, however I will be tweaking this further.
That about wraps up the changes, have fun!
Simply replace the original initial.pak file with my modified initial.pak file.
You can find this initial.pak at: “SnowRunneren_uspreloadpaksclient”
Important: Please remember to backup your “initial.pak” file so you can revert to to an unmodified game.
I have not tested this in co-op. Please install this manually. I do not think subscribing works for modifications of this type.
This has been tested extensively and you should not have any issues, as me and a tester on Discord had no issues with my initial.pak.
If you do encounter any issues please let me know, in English, and I will try to resolve them. Some users say reinstalling the game sometimes works, so if push comes to shove backup your savegames!
I have been modding games since DOOM back in trhe 90’s and have modified all sorts of games, I thoroughly enjoy it and this has been my favourite so far. A fairly big project but one I hope you will enjoy.